Hey!

This blog is totally anonimous and was made by seventh grade students.

jueves, 10 de junio de 2010

The life of a creative girl

MY NAME:

My name is Andrea Georgina Olguin Holguín, and I think it´s perfect for me because of its meaning. I think my parents choose it because they thought it is beautiful.
Andrea means brave and beautiful and Georgina means hard worker
My last names are Olguin Holguín, which come from Cuba, but I´m not Cuban or have Cuban heritage. Although, my whole life I´ve been known as Gina, because when I was a little girl there were too many girls named Andrea, so my mom wanted me to be different and told everyone to call me Gina.

MY CHILDHOOD:
I was born on August 26, 1997, here at Torreon.
I entered school at 3 years I think, and then joined CAT. The biggest part of my life I´ve had been at CAT, and now it´s like a second home to me.
My childhood was really funny and full of great moments. I remember I used to play a lot with my little brother, Edgar, or playing alone. I can remember that I had always been different from the other girls. While all of them liked pink, I loved purple; while they watched Disney Princess movies, I watched Power Rangers; while they played “being a family”, together at recess, I pretended being the Flimstones.

I didn’t have many girlfriends when I was younger, but had a best friend, that is actually on CAT at my same grade, his name is Emilio Castillo. We played together most of the time, acted out episodes of “Scooby-Doo” ,we came over to each other’s homes a lot, and we used to be really close. He was my first friend. Later on, I began having girlfriends and soon we split apart, but we´re still really nice friends, though not as close as before.

Swimming was a really important thing at my childhood. My mom decided that I needed swimming lessons, so she took me there. I hated them at the start and locked myself inside the bathroom the whole swimming class. But then I faced my fears, and practiced it daily for seven years. Actually, I´m on the school´s swimming team.
I´m not the kind of girl who´s excellent at all sports. Actually, I´m only good at swimming and running, so that´s why swimming means so much to me.

FAVORITES:
I love to swim, purple color, everything related to the 80’s, hippie stuff ,French poodles , clothes, reading ,chocolate, writing and painting.


MY FAMILY:
I have a wonderful, religious, family. My mom is named Veronica, she is really tall, has short brown hair, dark brown eyes, and is a very nice, understanding mom.
My dad is named Edgar, he is a vet of cows, bulls, sheep and horses .He sells medicine for all those animals, and his job is really fun, because he gets to be with the cows. I love going with him. And my brother is also named Edgar, he is funny and smart, and is at 4th grade, here at CAT.

MY LAST VACATIONS:
This last summer holidays I went to visit my dad’s parents at Tulancigo, Hidalgo. It was really fun because I got to see the traditions of the southern Mexico.
Once there I also went to Huasca, a little town nearby, that´s considered one of the PUEBLOS MAGICOS (magic towns) of Mexico. It´s really nice and haves a cool climate.
Tulancingo itself is a very nice city, it haves more plants that what Torreon does.
I loved an old train station, that now is a museum.

I found out that the so-famous, Mexican wrestler “El Santo” was born in Tulancingo and is the hero there. There´s even a statue for him!

I also visited Casitas, Veracruz, a beach city. I had a lot of fun too. I made sand castles, ate coconuts and did many other things. I also collected many sea shells and collected something else ... When I was bending down at the water to get a shell something stung me! IT WAS A CRAB! I scram, jumped, and ran out from the water. IT felt pretty weird, and a little bit disgusting, but not too painful.

Once there we also visited the Tajin pyramids, which surprises me because they´re HUGE and Aztecs didn´t have special machinery to build them. The bad stuff about going to Tajin is the extremely hot weather, it´s much worse than Torreon´s!


100% GINA
This are some things that make me happy
1 . Seeing movies on rainy days.
2. Sales at the clothing store!
3. Painting something and it to turn out nice.
4. Writing stories , because it relaxes me.
5. Eating chocolate or candies.


But what makes me angry are:
1.VERY hot days
2.People who walk slowly when you’re hurried.
3.Too much homework and no time left for myself.
4.When the light´s gone.
5. My dog taking out the trash of the trash can

PURPLE?
I have a special connection to the color purple. I’ve always loved it because when I was a little girl my parents filled me with purple things without knowing it. So I think I relate purple to happiness. In fact, since I have common sense, I love purple.

HIPPIE
I think Hippie stuff is “groovy”. Last year I dressed up as a hippie for Halloween and loved it , I felt as if I really were one. What I like about hippies is that they worry about the environment, hate war, like peace, are REALLY colorful (like me), their freedom style, their way of expressing themselves peacefully, their super cool vans, their clothing, and the hippie sign ☮.
THE 80s
I also love the 80’s because my mom was a teen at that time. She tells me all her adventures, how was it at that time, her awesome disco nights and I just love it!
I love disco balls, colorful dance floors, the 80’s fashion and everything related to dancing !

COOKING
My mom is a GREAT cook, so she teaches me how to make several things. She especially teaches me how to bake desserts, such as cookies, cakes, muffins, etc.
I really like cooking and its very fun because you get to create something and then eat it . I’ve also learned that you appreciate the food more when you make it.


MY FUTURE:
I plan on being a surgeon when I grow up. As a hobby I plan being a writer. I think being a surgeon means helping people’s lives, and because my dad is a doctor, are the main reasons why I want to be that.

I’d also like to travel as much as I can, but mainly to France, India and Russia.
But my goal number one is always being happy.


To conclude I say I will always try
To be happy and optimist and
Keep being who I am, because
I like myself this way.

AGOH

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario